Outer Wall height with lower interior ceiling height

EPChief

Good evening. I am trying to design a Barndo with 12' outer walls but want the inside to be at 9' and 10'. 

When I change ceiling heights it messes up my roof. Any tips on how to stop this? What am I doing wrong?

Chief X12

6 minutes ago, EPChief said:

Good evening. I am trying to design a Barndo with 12' outer walls but want the inside to be at 9' and 10'. 

When I change ceiling heights it messes up my roof. Any tips on how to stop this? What am I doing wrong?

Chief X12

Probably not actually what you are looking for but is what you are asking for.  Set your ceiling height at 12’ turn off flat ceiling in the rooms then place a 0 slope ceiling plane at the 9’ and 10’ heights just like it would be built in real life.

11 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Probably not actually what you are looking for but is what you are asking for.  Set your ceiling height at 12’ turn off flat ceiling in the rooms then place a 0 slope ceiling plane at the 9’ and 10’ heights just like it would be built in real life.

Thank you Sir. I will try it, hopefully it works. I wish the program would be a little user friendly

7 hours ago, EPChief said:

Barndo with 12' outer walls but want the inside to be at 9' and 10'. 

Depending on how you intend to build it and what is  9 and what is 10 ft. and what you want the attic space floor to be like you could-

A- set ceiling default ceiling height to 9 ft. Turn OFF auto rebuild roof. Then select the 10 foot rooms and change the ceiling height.

image.thumb.png.72aeaf3b738980aa72f2f21ae05619ce.png

OR B-

You can set the ceiling height to 10', have roof set to raise 2'

image.thumb.png.d5c27d1b2ac84b7d71b50507d2c46ba9.png

Then wherever there is a 9' ceiling change the ceiling finish to drop down.

image.thumb.png.7fa3b74ebca5ad31744d7cb7ee770fd1.png