No room definitions in complex plan

rcmcdougle

Go to solution Solved by Designers_Ink,

This is a partial plan of an apartment building with12 apartments per floor. My client wants to combine 3 of the apartments into one dwelling. This "As Built" was traced over a PDF referencing the several different wall types. It seems that I have properly closed walls but no rooms are differentiated. If I click in any room, the whole interior is selected. Why is this blowing up?

BCD_asBuilt.plan

• Solution

You have at least one wall that is marked "No Room Definition" in the wall DBX.  Just select all of the walls and open the dialog.  There will be a dash next to that setting.  Click it until the box is empty, and you should be good.

• Like 1

Just now, rcmcdougle said:

Is there a way to do this for all the walls in the plan? I have no idea how those walls were created with No Room Definition but...

Thanks for your help guys.

Select one wall, the click on the Select Similar Objects button.  It looks like a cross with 4 dots and a mouse arrow.  Mine is on the bottom toolbar.  Then just draw a square around your whole model.  It will only select the walls.  Then click the Open Object (door) button to open the dialog box. 

• Like 1