Rotate object into specific alignment

stevenyhof

"Rotate entire polyline"

1. select the object you want to rotate
  2. double click the 'make parallel' tool
  3. select 'rotate entire polyline' in dbx that pops up
  4. parallel to the selected line

Be aware that you are now in that parallel mode, so you will need to change it back when you need to...in the same way.

• Like 1

FWIW Most toolbar icons are either an on/off toggle, or they immediately perform some action (making the toolbar change), or they activate a new set of tools (making the toolbar change).

There are only two icons I can think of off the top of my head that have some special double click behavior, Make Parallel and Pan. Both of which don't immediately do anything when you click the button since they rely on user input in the view screen, and both have a secret double-click behavior.

There may be others but I've not come across them.

7 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

FWIW Most toolbar icons are either an on/off toggle, or they immediately perform some action (making the toolbar change), or they activate a new set of tools (making the toolbar change).

There are only two icons I can think of off the top of my head that have some special double click behavior, Make Parallel and Pan. Both of which don't immediately do anything when you click the button since they rely on user input in the view screen, and both have a secret double-click behavior.

There may be others but I've not come across them.

Thank you. I just went through a number of them and at least found some older buttons I have not used and even set hotkeys to. So was a good exercise to get to know my toolbars again.

• Upvote 1