Polylines Not Snapping to Molding or Objects other than Walls

Yannik

I am trying to create wainscoting per this video: https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/404/design-wainscoting-for-walls-and-stairways.html?playlist=89

For someone reason the polylines will not snap to the door or window casings. Or really anything other than the sheetrock on the walls. This causes things to overlap strangely. I can get close by manually entering the length of the polyline but I feel like I'm missing something. It seems I should be able to snap to things like moldings etc. right?

I am working in back clipped cross section view but it won't snap in plan view either.

Thanks.

image.thumb.png.0792f06a5422af0ca8646c65366115e1.png

Thank you very much for that extensive video response. I just assumed that I should be able to snap to things like trim but it looks like it isn't as simple as that in Chief Architect.

I do have the object snaps option in X14 but it definitely does not snap to the trim of windows or doors or base. I can snap to certain items like drywall, siding, foundation, and framing as far as I can tell.

I do really like the work around of converting to CAD view and then copying the items into the section view. I will most likely be doing that for wainscoting since it seems like the option with the most versatility.

Thank you again.

Improved snaps was one of the new features added in X15:

- Snapping in Elevation Views. Access object snaps while drawing and editing in Elevation and Section views to interact with your design accurately.

You can find more info about X15 here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/products/upgrade.html

It looks like the wainscot video you linked to was actually recorded back in X9 though.  In theory, you should be able to do everything they could do in X9 in X14.