How To Auto Build This Zero Overhang Roof Wall Design

HumbleChief

22 hours ago, HumbleChief said:

Thanks Eric! But I need a roof structure as well

You haven't told us what it is?  Flat roof ?, Parapet Roof? , you could supply your test plan for others to play with as well perhaps, stuff like this is likely to be dependent on what is needed and I'd say is only a "typical" condition in california :) 

M.

Thanks Mick and good point. The lower roof has a shallow hip and the upper roof is a parapet. Parapet is easy but the other roofs seem to be inconsistent. In my test plan as the pic shows the upper floor roof planes seem to resolve themselves but the lower roof shows the rafters without the stucco finish reaching the finish roofing material. I think all the settings are the same for each roof plane so not understanding the inconsistencies. 

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/in87uulmwv618toanqdcg/zero-roof-overhang.plan?rlkey=w4qrind0ao5tok36gc8m81f1x&dl=0

zero roof overhang.png

1 hour ago, HumbleChief said:

In my test plan as the pic shows the upper floor roof planes seem to resolve themselves but the lower roof shows the rafters without the stucco finish reaching the finish roofing material.

I am not sure what the inconsistancy is , perhaps send it in for answers but because of the way chief builds roof planes the outer surface of the fascia must be outside the stucco or it will look like it won't generate but it is actually the RP cutting the wall as they are won't to do.....   pull the roof plane off the wall 1/2" - 1" and you should see the fascia appear.

there are fascias in the Pic above too, if only sheetmetal? painted the same color as the stucco

M.

image.thumb.png.3b6714bdd0b44962f37f8b5d3bd79bba.png

Thanks Mick, the inconsistency is shown in the pic and the plan. All of the roofs are set up the same (I think) and all auto generated but the second floor (which is a parapet in the house photo but not a parapet in this test plan) shows the walls flush with and rising to the roof surface but the first floor walls come up short with the rafters exposed. And the roof planes are intended to be flush with the walls so pulling them off and inch or 2 will create a fascia but not flush like floor 2 shows.

So curious why, in the test plan, the second floor frames and finishes correctly but the first floor doesn't?

52 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

So curious why, in the test plan, the second floor frames and finishes correctly but the first floor doesn't?

Yes I noticed that and am not sure why and hence the suggestion to send it in as it appeared both roofs were snapped to the wall but displaying differently.

do you walls really not have any sheathing?

The Upper wall in the pic has a "fascia" or something there too, at least on the right facing the camera.

you can play with the thickness of fascia and the overhang so that it will "just" protrude from the wall and it should generate auto..... just be aware that Chief may 

not measure the Overhang as you or I might on the Site.....

image.thumb.png.1703c97204c64434efccc5877e556a85.png image.thumb.png.95da8ab891af4fb863039a56cd2463c7.png

1811462019_CARoofOverhangs.thumb.png.480ff2b9ca526064e0f89a779d3988ce.png

Mick.