Lost My Custom Tool Bar

HumbleChief

Go to solution Solved by TeaTime,

This happens occasionally and can't understand it. I have a small custom toolbar that floats in the plan area and it just disappeared - again. I have Lock Toolbars checked but every once in a while that floating tool bar disappears - from every where, including my template plans. Small PIA but a PIA none the less. Any advice?

• Solution

I'm pretty sure all Lock Toolbars does is remove the little handle on the docked toolbars so they can't be moved around. Though it might also make floating toolbars undockable? But it's not going to lock the location of floating toolbars, or make them "unclosable." hitting the X will always hide that toolbar.

To be clear though when you say it disappears are you able to right click the toolbar area and just recheck that toolbar in the Toolbars list? Or is it gone from there too?

6 minutes ago, TeaTime said:

I'm pretty sure all Lock Toolbars does is remove the little handle on the docked toolbars so they can't be moved around. Though it might also make floating toolbars undockable? But it's not going to lock the location of floating toolbars, or make them "unclosable." hitting the X will always hide that toolbar.

To be clear though when you say it disappears are you able to right click the toolbar area and just recheck that toolbar in the Toolbars list? Or is it gone from there too?

I think I might have accidently closed the tool bar with the red 'X' but was able to find it in the 'toolbars' list and 'check marked' it back on in plan view. Thanks very much for the help!!!