Seeking a physical 3-D model of a Chief home on its lot (not just on paper).

Mintplanner

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping to find someone who makes physical 3-D models from Chief Architect X7.  I have a pretty simple house on a steep lot with retaining walls and planter boxes, and it would be very helpful to have a physical model to show our subcontractors to avoid overruns and delays.

This project went through several evolutions in Chief and the resulting file has the sub-basement on the basement level of Chief, the basement on the first level, etc. for four stories.

The lot is 100' x 231'.  

Let me know if you can help,

Thanks,

Tim

REV_003_Grading Plan 11-10-23.pdf Myers Plans 36x24 11-06-23.pdf

Tim,

I see that you are using X7 which is a very old version.

Chief used to have a tool called Print Model which was deprecated about X11 or X12.

It would print out the walls, roofs, etc, (including windows and doors, etc.) which you could assemble to make a 3D model of the house.

Probably not quite what you want as it doesn't do the site, landscaping, etc.

Be prepared to pay a LOT for a full 3D model including the site and house.

Maybe investigate 3D printing?

My best advice is to forget the physical 3D model and spend some time getting everything correct in Chief (house and site) and then do lots of 3D renders, fly-arounds, virtual tours, etc.

There are several people on this forum that can do wonders with that approach.

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 12.37.33 pm.jpg

• Like 1

On 11/16/2023 at 8:41 PM, Mintplanner said:

Hello Everyone,

I'm hoping to find someone who makes physical 3-D models from Chief Architect X7.  I have a pretty simple house on a steep lot with retaining walls and planter boxes, and it would be very helpful to have a physical model to show our subcontractors to avoid overruns and delays.

This project went through several evolutions in Chief and the resulting file has the sub-basement on the basement level of Chief, the basement on the first level, etc. for four stories.

The lot is 100' x 231'.  

Let me know if you can help,

Thanks,

Tim

REV_003_Grading Plan 11-10-23.pdf 947.6 kB · 13 downloads Myers Plans 36x24 11-06-23.pdf 4.11 MB · 16 downloads

I wold like to help you 777.thumb.jpg.4a113de2b1a9031c87854918656ad5ef.jpg1111.thumb.jpg.c4430577564b13740859bd02c6192584.jpgPortofolio Kajo Rada CHIEF ARCHITECT X12.pdfwith plans in chief architect x7

please contact me via email:kajorada@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

This can be done. It is not the best way to communicate details to a contractor. They will be more interested in accurate dimension ed drawings. There are a few things that have to be considered if you want to proceed with a 3D model. It will be at a very small scale 250:1, unless you want to pay for very expensive printing on a large printer and expensive shipping. Second, the model will be monochrome. 3D printers do not print with all the colours of a rendering.  The colourful models are hand painted after printing.

If you would still like to proceed, will need a copy of your Chief files, your grading plan if you have it in a CAD or Chief format. First will be to get them both imported into Chief Architect 15. From this point we can give very accurate renders, and more important, very accurate cut throughs, showing all important elevations points. 

We can then export this to a 3D solid format, clean it up, so it can be printed, and print the model for you.

James