How to get back to inches

GeneDavis

I opened a new plan file to do a kitchen, and used the X15 OOB Kitchen and Bath Imperial template.  Or at least I think it is OOB.

Did a one room house plan with exterior walls and then laid in some CAD rectangles to plan a layout.  The plan wants to do everything in decimal feet, the decimals to five places.  Trying to edit a CAD polyline, simple rectangle, the temp dimensions come up in fractional inches as expected with K&B, but Chief takes my input as decimal feet.

I want inches.  Where is this controlled?

Screenshot 2023-11-13 101538.png

Got it.  Sorry for the use of bandwidth.  It is the little number style icon in bottom R of dialog.  I came to open this new plan after working a survey plan that I had changed the units to survey bearing angles and decimal feet.  Apparently Chief carries that setting into a new plan.

Is this how it should work, this carry forward of unit types?

The settings in this dialog are global and control the format of distances, coordinates and angles of angles in dialog boxes and inline text fields, as well as in the Status Bar. They are also persistent for the current program session only: when you restart the program, they are reset. 

Those settings apply to all dialogs, for all plans, but only while Chief is running.