Unable to create a new plan.

lorianne21

I am trying to create a new plan in Chief Architect Interiors X10 and when I click on "New Plan" a message pops up stating "an automatically saved file exists that is newer than the one you selected. Do you wish to use the automatically saved file?"  When I click "no" it automatically opens up a file that I do not wish to work with.  I close the file, choose not to "save" the "modified version" and go through the same cycle over and over.  

I have done all of the trouble-shooting regarding updates to my version and still cannot create a new plan.  Has anyone else had this problem?  

Check your preferences for "new plans".  This is sounding like you might have accidently saved a plan to be your default template.  If you set it back to the "kitchen and bath" or "residential" template, then everything should be back to normal.  Unless you accidently saved a file over your default template but you can always restore the installed template if you need to.

10 hours ago, lorianne21 said:

I have done all of the trouble-shooting regarding updates to my version and still cannot create a new plan

I agree sounds like you have accidently modified your Default template , if you are using Chief's Default Templates? the 2nd half of this article will show you how to simply restore by renaming a Folder.........

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-01866/resetting-template-files.html

M.