Design Option on Same Base Model

HienTranMiTek

I have a project with two roof options and wanted to know if Chief has a function or set-up that we can use to model two roof options within the same base model. With a result like that, home buyers can easily switch between those options. Is there anyone with experience in that? Please advise.

image.thumb.png.7b47b154478f593355775bebcf0b3bbb.pngimage.thumb.png.611d155968b9195bbd776d0234a451ea.png

How are they going to switch between two?  Do they have the license and software?

You show two.  Tell us how you got two roofs on the same model.  Maybe you have the solution.

i'd make an exterior flyaround video of each and join the two in a single edited video, and give them the link.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HienTranMiTek said:

if Chief has a function or set-up that we can use to model two roof options within the same base model.

Sort of. In this exact example, if you're using a Auto Dormer tool then the dormer's roof can be changed from Eyebrow to Shed. But looking at the size and position of either picture, it wouldn't be quite as simple as just changing the type. Technically possible, yes, but I think its far more common to just save a second version of the plan so you can have one with the eyebrow and one with the shed then create elevations of either plan so the client can choose which they prefer.

• Like 1