Old Bungalo Roof Line Second Floor Height

vantinec

Hello Everyone, I am putting a 1900 bungalow into Chief and I can't quite figure out how to reduce the eave walls down to 1'-10" so as to create the proper roof line? The usable floor space is minimized on the second floor because of the sloping roof, but for the dormers. Which I have two Shed roof recessed that I have to redesign to have a new full dormer that goes all the way out to the exterior wall, not a recessed "catch-all" of water infiltration. Just wondered if someone could recommend a couple of quick thoughts on fixes for the recessed dormers. And the larger issue of needing to create that roof slope, so the second floor is affected by the roof slope. Thanks, Craig  th

IMG_8070.jpeg

IMG_8072.jpeg

IMG_8073.jpeg

IMG_8075.jpeg

IMG_8081.jpeg

Image 7.jpg

Image 6.jpg

Edited by vantinec
Photo add.

You posted this in the wrong place.  Move it over to Q&A. 

Then start by telling us what software you are using.  This forum is for Chief Premiere users.  Home Designer has its own forum elsewhere.

So figure out how to do your signature (see mine for ideas) and do it, then if your software is Chief Premiere (X15 or X14 or whichever), close the file, zip it to compress, and attach it to your next post in this thread you have begun.

Those buried dormers always have roof planes at their downhill sides.  Maybe only pitched at 1/4" in 12", but nonetheless a roof.  So the "pocket" is not a floor or deck, but a roof.

Put the info in your sig so we can always see it, in this or any new posts you do.  If you figured out how to do an asbuilt in x15 you can certainly figure out how to do a sig.

Hint:  it is called "Signature" and it is in your account settings.

Then, do a better job telling us what problem you need to solve in making your asbuilt model.   And close the file, zip it, and attach it here.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

On 11/5/2023 at 1:14 PM, vantinec said:

Hello Everyone, I am putting a 1900 bungalow into Chief and I can't quite figure out how to reduce the eave walls down to 1'-10" so as to create the proper roof line? The usable floor space is minimized on the second floor because of the sloping roof, but for the dormers. Which I have two Shed roof recessed that I have to redesign to have a new full dormer that goes all the way out to the exterior wall, not a recessed "catch-all" of water infiltration. Just wondered if someone could recommend a couple of quick thoughts on fixes for the recessed dormers. And the larger issue of needing to create that roof slope, so the second floor is affected by the roof slope. Thanks, Craig  th

This is going to take a little work but the beginnings of the design can be done be setting two of the default project settings, one for roof overhang, and the second is to make the roof ignore the upper storey.  Where the dormer windows are make holes in the roof plane.  This will require a fair bit of tinkering with the model, built I have done a few that are similar. 

Post your work to date and I am sure that there are some of us that will take a crack at getting a roof and dormer working so that you can see how to arrange your workflow.