Terrain sloping

winterdd

I have a new request and wonder if it's even possible. The carport and storage room (below) needs to be raised 4" below the main home finished floor. Obviously that will make it impossible to pull into the carport. I need to gradually slope the terrain to enter into the carport on all three sides while keeping the terrain around the home the same. Have any of you done this? They basically want to avoid having to enter the home with stairs.

image.thumb.png.f8a6a78befc67ab636be2438835992b8.png

53 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

while keeping the terrain around the home the same.

If surrounding terrain is to be kept flat, maybe you ramp up to the carport?

- to clarify, build carport approach as a concrete ramp perhaps with site walls on sides?

Jim

Edited by JKEdmo
clarification

5 hours ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

Have any of you done this?

Yes, working on 2 Zero Threshold project right now. Our foundations are probably quite different than yours, but I use a concrete foundation wall with a reduced thickness at the top to provide a bearing ledge for the floor framing. This allows me to bring the grade up to within 6" of the sill plate. The sill plate is directly under the floor sheathing. Generally speaking, it would be my understanding that a the top of a concrete driveway / sidewalk is not considered as grade level, but rather the substrate below it is. 

TBH, I'm not entirely sure if your question was in regards to the building methods or sloping the terrain in Chief.