Floor system not displaying

AppleTree2

I am a very new user here, working on my first plan in CA after years of working in Sketchup.  CA seems great but there is a lot of information to take in.

CA X15

Macintosh Air

I have drawn a floor plan of a house but the walls are not healing around the floor system in the 3D rendering.  I quickly drew another shell with the same set of defaults and the walls were continuous, so the issue is not a hardware problem, rather something I have done to the model settings to create this problem!

In the 2nd Floor default settings I have selected "floor under this room", and given the floor structure all of it's layers.

I am sure the problem is an obvious one to someone, just not to me!

Screenshot 2023-10-21 at 2.35.46 PM.png

14 minutes ago, AppleTree2 said:

I am a very new user here, working on my first plan in CA after years of working in Sketchup.  CA seems great but there is a lot of information to take in.

CA X15

Macintosh Air

I am sure the problem is an obvious one to someone, just not to me!

Hi and welcome to the Forum

It's always a good Idea to attach the Plan File to your post if possible, (14mb forum limit so zip if needed while chief is closed) otherwise we will be playing 20 questions due to the multitudes of Options and variables.

It's also a good idea to add your version and hardware specs to your Forum Signature so you don't need to do it every time....  how to......

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/18908-signature-here-at-chief-talk/?tab=comments#comment-155662

Mick.

Point taken Mick.  As I mentioned in the original post, I did create a simple shell using the same defaults that did not recreate the problem, but if I simply start from scratch with the drawing I won't learn what I did wrong.  I really appreciate help!

CA version: X15

Macbook Air laptop, M2 chip, macOS Ventura 13.3,

Whetstone V1.plan

14 minutes ago, AppleTree said:

Point taken Mick.  As I mentioned in the original post, I did create a simple shell using the same defaults that did not recreate the problem, but if I simply start from scratch with the drawing I won't learn what I did wrong.  I really appreciate help!

CA version: X15

Macbook Air laptop, M2 chip, macOS Ventura 13.3,

Whetstone V1.plan 5.44 MB · 1 download

You have no exterior wall layers in your wall specs. You need at least one exterior layer to wrap down over the floor structure.

1057171933_ScreenShot2023-10-21at3_23_26PM.thumb.png.d78f80d529d47c451d04fb25d7cde050.png

This is typical:

1598502173_ScreenShot2023-10-21at3_24_24PM.thumb.png.aa985ecbfc56cf9f4f8f75c88661547f.png

35 minutes ago, AppleTree said:

Point taken Mick.

Wasn't trying to make a point perse, just letting you know how to get quick answers to Issues and without the Plan Chris wouldn't of been able to find it is 3 mins....

Mick.