Exterior Stair "down" not showing

Jake1976

Hello all,

I am working on a project that has some exterior stairs and I'm finding that they don't show up on any floor, other than the floor on which they were created, unless they are contained within a "room" that is designated as "open below".  This works to show the stair, however, it has some adverse effects on the railings.  I don't love how railings are displayed in CA, especially where they connecdt to stairs, but adding this "open below" room, makes them worse.  Any ideas on how to resolve this, or is what I've done the best way? 

file attached.

Jacob

2660.plan

10 minutes ago, Jake1976 said:

Hello all,

I am working on a project that has some exterior stairs and I'm finding that they don't show up on any floor, other than the floor on which they were created, unless they are contained within a "room" that is designated as "open below".  This works to show the stair, however, it has some adverse effects on the railings.  I don't love how railings are displayed in CA, especially where they connecdt to stairs, but adding this "open below" room, makes them worse.  Any ideas on how to resolve this, or is what I've done the best way? 

file attached.

Jacob

2660.plan 7.35 MB · 0 downloads

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/search/?q=exterior stairs not showing&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy&search_and_or=and

A quick search will find you the answer.  The overall consensus is using a reference display of the stairs.

This works to show the stair, however, it has some adverse effects on the railings.  I don't love how railings are displayed in CA, especially where they connecdt to stairs, but adding this "open below" room, makes them worse.  Any ideas on how to resolve this, or is what I've done the best way? 

Your stair doesn't look right in plan view because your room is too small and cutting off the side of it.  I think all you need to do is move the invisible wall that you are using to create the open below room out a bit farther from the stair.  It's probably ok if it has a jog in it and you can even turn off the layer if you don't want to see it.

Another thing you might want to do is fix that 2" gap between the top of your stair and your deck.

1705307634_stairgoingdown.thumb.png.d2b2e4cc79cb15ca169d51e5177d7ed2.png

Thanks to both of you! I will try the ref sets to see how that works, and the invisible walls in approach works too, but it's good to have options. This does seem like a bug, I'm not sure what the logic for not showing stairs on one floor would be.  Architectural drafting conventions would have us show the stair. Not sure it's worth sending to Chiefs as a development request.   For all intents and purposes, mark this one as solved!