Lower Floor Over Garage

mattivester

I cannot figure out, despite many hours of experimentation and forums searching, how to lower a bonus room floor over an attached garage so that the top of the floor in the bonus room is even with the top plate of the framing of the garage below.  I have tried different variations of "hang floor platform above on wall".  I have played with the ceiling height of the garage.  The garage room dbx always shows the bottom of the floor structure for the bonus room above the top plate of the garage.  The plan I need to do this on attached if anyone finds it necessary.  This screenshot is the closest I got, but lowering the ceiling in the garage and hanging the floor platform lowered the eaves on the gable and split the roof planes above.

image.thumb.png.9796b23a3566f7a078307d8315906c2d.png

Ivy Woods 80'-10 House 202309212043.zip

Here is an edited copy of your plan, I reset the floor and ceilings to your defaults and rebuilt the roof, walls, floors and ceilings. Then I turned off auto rebuild roof and all the framing, lowered the floor for the upstairs then manually drew in the floor joist and rebuilt each wall framing to get the framing to look correct. I was bored so I cleaned up some of the roof that wasn't connecting properly. Someone may have an easier way of doing it but here is an option.

Ivy Woods 80'-10 House 202309212043 EDITED.zip

• Downvote 1

5 hours ago, Garybills said:

Here is an edited copy of your plan, I reset the floor and ceilings to your defaults and rebuilt the roof, walls, floors and ceilings. Then I turned off auto rebuild roof and all the framing, lowered the floor for the upstairs then manually drew in the floor joist and rebuilt each wall framing to get the framing to look correct. I was bored so I cleaned up some of the roof that wasn't connecting properly. Someone may have an easier way of doing it but here is an option.

Ivy Woods 80'-10 House 202309212043 EDITED.zip 3.4 MB · 2 downloads

Thank you for taking the time to do this!