Default settings - Doors / Windows

ChiefDesign2023

Hi, 

I am having trouble with my doors and windows default settings. In the default, I have the doors as well as the casings as "White" but when I want to visualize in the 3D it is showing everything as Dark Blue, same for windows and railings. I am not really sure what is happening here. Can someone help me with this issue? Please see attached photos. 

Thank you!

screen 1.png

screen 2.png

screen 3.png

The Blue Appears to be Chief's Default exterior Blue color called Slate.

Have you been using the Paint Can Tool? perhaps in Plan Mode (scoping) and accidently Painted something the wrong Color?

If you have used the Paint Can Tool Objects will ignore the Defaults, and need to be forced back to "Use Default" ......

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/31850-paint-can-tool-material-painter-best-practices/?tab=comments#comment-250698

The P04 door also comes out of the Library as Chief default Bone Color , which will need changing if you want White

M.

It's always best to Post the Plan Here along with some screen shots of the Issue , there are just too many variables to play 20 questions.

The Plan needs to be closed to attach it to a post ( Chief locks it when open) and it must be under 14mb zipped to attach otherwise you may need to use a link to one of the Cloud Services.

Mick.

A door in a plan will only use the material from the door defaults when it is set to "use default".  If it is set to some other material, then it doesn't matter what you change the defaults to.  When you use the material painter on an object, it usually changes the material from "use default" to whatever material you painted on it.  You can always tell if something is set to "use default" by opening the dialog and looking at the actual material assignments.

Assuming that your doors are set to "use default", then it becomes a question of what door default they are using.  The picture you posted shows that you changed your "interior door defaults".  Are the doors you have in your camera views actually "interior doors"?  You should be able to tell by opening the door dialog and it should say either "interior" or "exterior" in the title bar.

There are lots of door defaults and which one gets used depends on what kind of door you have and where it was originally placed.  If you originally placed the door in an exterior wall, then it will be using your "exterior door defaults" even if you later move it to an interior wall.  And if you change the type from say a hinged door to a garage door, then it will use different defaults.

But if you want a better answer, do like Mick suggests and post a copy of the plan.