Door Closers - How to use in Chief?

tundra_dweller

Referring to the door closer included in the Bonus Catalog->Door Hardware No.3->Commercial.

I can't figure out how these are supposed to be used in Chief, I've tried adding it to the different hardware options in the door dbx and that doesn't do anything that makes any sense. I've tried adding the object directly from the catalog and it just wants to place it along the plane of the wall the door is in.

Does anyone have a method for actually placing a door closer on a door and having it be associated with the door on a schedule? I don't really care about seeing it in 3D views or even in plan view.

I have a project with a variety of different hardware configurations on commercial doors, and I will probably just end up adding a note in comments or a custom field in the schedule at this point for the closers, but I was hoping I'm missing something totally obvious.

4 hours ago, tundra_dweller said:

Referring to the door closer included in the Bonus Catalog->Door Hardware No.3->Commercial.

I can't figure out how these are supposed to be used in Chief, I've tried adding it to the different hardware options in the door dbx and that doesn't do anything that makes any sense. I've tried adding the object directly from the catalog and it just wants to place it along the plane of the wall the door is in.

Does anyone have a method for actually placing a door closer on a door and having it be associated with the door on a schedule? I don't really care about seeing it in 3D views or even in plan view.

I have a project with a variety of different hardware configurations on commercial doors, and I will probably just end up adding a note in comments or a custom field in the schedule at this point for the closers, but I was hoping I'm missing something totally obvious.

Copy it to your user library and either modify the symbol to be used as a lock where you will need to change the symbol's X Origin Offset or convert it to millwork and apply it as a closed one side shutter where you will need to rotate the symbol in the Z axis 180 degrees and do an x and y offset for your condition

• Like 2