Canvas.IO Scans not importing with CBS or Metal exterior wall types

davekello

Hi everyone!

I have been using canvas for a while, and recently I have noticed that my files that I receive from CANVAS no longer allow me to swap my exterior walls to Concrete Block, an obvious need for us here in Florida. Has anyone else experienced AND solved this?

I attached two different screenshots. One shows a file that was imported from the canvas scan, the other is a simple quick "box" and its pretty clear to see the available options are much larger for the file I created. 

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 9.43.12 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 9.42.34 AM.png

25 minutes ago, davekello said:

Hi everyone!

I have been using canvas for a while, and recently I have noticed that my files that I receive from CANVAS no longer allow me to swap my exterior walls to Concrete Block, an obvious need for us here in Florida. Has anyone else experienced AND solved this?

I attached two different screenshots. One shows a file that was imported from the canvas scan, the other is a simple quick "box" and its pretty clear to see the available options are much larger for the file I created. 

Thanks in advance!

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 9.43.12 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 9.42.34 AM.png

You got a different drafter that did the conversion for your .plan file.  Their template does not have that wall type in their template.  My experience is their templates are horrible and from X12 at best so IMHO best practice is to Edit all area and copy and paste the model into your own template.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, rgardner said:

IMHO best practice is to Edit all area and copy and paste the model into your own template.

This ^ absolutely. It's probably a good idea to turn off layers for auto stuffs first, too - dimensions, roofs, etc.