Increase Font/Text Size on Cad Detail

Drew-PRH

While trying to increase the 'Font' or 'Text' size (a number that measures the size of characters such as letters, numbers, and punctuation marks on a screen or printed page), I am unable to make them readable because they are so small.

Here was my Process:

1)  Right Click on Cad Details in Project Browser
2)  New Cad Detail
3)  Rename Accordingly
4)  Go To - Tools/Schedules
5)  Choose Desired Schedule from Schedules List
6)  Click in New Cad Detail to Insert on to Page

It seems no matter what Text Style I choose to change the Font Size to a Larger Font, it appears to increase Everything in proportion (images and white space).

If I choose - Scale Images from General Tab, it will make images smaller.

However the Rows remain the same height, defeating the purpose of enlarging the Main Text within the body of the schedule.

When you choose - File/Send to Layout, Fonts are really Tiny :wacko:

I'm sure there is a solution that I may apply......somewhere.

Font Resizing on Layout Page from Cad Detail.jpg

Screen shot from Plan Page.jpg

Schedule Specification Screen Shot.jpg

If you want your text in the schedule to display at 3/32" height on a printed sheet, your character height needs to be 4.5".  If you want it at 1/8" height, the character height should be 6".

Why aren't you using your Schedule Text Size in your schedule?  I have one set to character height 4.5", and use it for the Main, Title, and Header in schedules. 

When working with a longer list in length (rows stacked vertically) to fit onto the blueprints, a larger font would be easier to read like the image below.

I know this may be a bit larger - it's 5x larger than what is current.

5x Larger Font.jpg

SOLVED - 

Tried everything but this:

Click on the schedule - grab the Diamond at the Top left and  D R A G  it to the left.

In doing so this will reduce the size of the image to be in more proportion the the text size. :)

Before and after photos below -

Drag Diamond - Reduce Image.jpg

Large Image - Tiny Print.jpg

Send to layout and measure the font height and report back please.  I don't think you have the font scaled properly for printing.  X15 ships out of box with schedule text set to either 4.5" or 6" height, and it is for sending to layout at scale 1/4" = 1'-0".  From what you show upthread, you have your schedule text at something called 1".  

But that is a great tip for reducing (or enlarging) the 3D images of scheduled items.  There is nothing from Chief in the manual about this.

2 hours ago, DBCooper said:

You might also need to rename the column.  It can look pretty silly when "3D Elevation" is vertical making a very large column header row.

Agreed - I still have to come back to this and adjust everything else to look proper.

Thanks -