Purchasing and old version and how that works??

jbriarmoon

I am an individual who bought v10 then upgraded to v12 when I was designing my house.  I ended up having to hire someone for the "design" because the county required it. So I sent my design to someone and she did what she had to do and sent it off to the engineer, etc.  Problem is she used v15. I need to get in there to get some specific measurements and framing and things that were not included in our final plans.  In order for me to open it I have to subscribe to v15 and shell out another 1k to check what I need.  But am I reading this right that I'll only be able to open these for a year unless I keep paying for it very year???  I had paid over 3k for the original program and I understand upgrading if you want all the new and "live" features, but a monthly subscription when I'm not an architect seems excessive.  Is there no way to permanently upgrade the one v12 so I don't have to keep going back and upgrading or continue to subscribe to open my plan I already made??  I understand not having the upgrade perks and new ssa and things like that, but that isn't necessary for me since this isn't my career.   

You can rent X15 at $199/month whenever you need it instead of renting it for a whole year.  You could even rent HD Pro at $59/month.  Just be aware that the Pro version won't be able to do everything that Premier can so you might open your plan and find some things are locked.

3 hours ago, solver said:

@jbriarmoon

I'm sure you are referring to X10, X12 and X15.

I suspect you can do what you want using Home Designer Pro -- about $600 to buy and you own it. If you only need to look at the plan and not save changes, you may be able to use the X15 Trial.

Good idea on using the trial. I'll do that to get what I need and try to anticipate what I might need over the next year, the OP suggesting paying for a month is a good idea also.  Thanks!  Frustrating I cant just own it but it is what it is.