Text macro question on two drawings with Open Below setting in rooms

PMMully

Go to solution Solved by Renerabbitt,

I do many designs with lofts, open spaces, etc.   I often use the text macro "Ceiling: %room.height.ceiling%", which works great. However, I noticed it does not work when I have a room above specified as Open Below in that space. When I put the macro on the second floor, it has the right value. But it makes no sense from the plan perspective for a client.

Is there any way to make this, or another macro, function so it reports the ceiling height of the room above, which is specified as Open Below?

• Solution
On 8/8/2023 at 7:08 PM, PMMully said:

I do many designs with lofts, open spaces, etc.   I often use the text macro "Ceiling: %room.height.ceiling%", which works great. However, I noticed it does not work when I have a room above specified as Open Below in that space. When I put the macro on the second floor, it has the right value. But it makes no sense from the plan perspective for a client.

Is there any way to make this, or another macro, function so it reports the ceiling height of the room above, which is specified as Open Below?

You could set a macro with a conditional statement that looks for a specific room name and then assigns a global variable to the ceiling height of the open below room that will report in that specific room names ceiling height

• Like 1