Glass House View Displays Custom Backsplash from Opposite Room

Drew-PRH

Good day,

I've created a custom backsplash on a kitchen wall, and on the opposite wall in the laundry, it displays the outline from the kitchen backsplash.

And visa versa for the kitchen side.

Any suggestions to alleviate the 'blead through' would be highly helpful.

===========

Also - does anyone know why subway tile backsplash is off on alignment?

For example 3x8 tile stacked is approximately 6+/- inches.

Why does Chief want to split the upper and lower then leave a full tile in the center.

I've tried manually adjusting via different views to no avail.

Thanks for the assistance in advance - 

Glass View Displays Other Room Backsplash.jpg

Subway Backsplash off Center.jpg

49 minutes ago, Drew-PRH said:

Why does Chief want to split the upper and lower then leave a full tile in the center.

You can adjust the orientation of the texture and it's pattern. If the pattern is 3" high and if your countertop is at 36" then you should not need any vertical offset for the pattern.

If you experiment with how the pattern and texture offsets work, then you should quickly be able to get the alignment you want.

Ideally, you would ensure the texture and pattern are in alignment before adjusting the offsets.

Show us wall elevations in each room, no glass house, plain vector views.

Patterns and their linked textures get the vertical position in 3D space based on your zero floor elevation.  Thus if your countertop height is absolute 36, a multiple of 3 inches, your tile will look OK.  But your countertop is likely set to real world build conditions with cabs sitting on floor finish.  Like, 36 7/8" or something.  Whatever that thickness build, is your correction in the materials dialog for vertical offset.

But remember, if you are using that same subway tile elsewhere, where you need a different offset for the tile, you need to make a copy of the material with a new name and its new required offset.  

I do 3x6 subway in showers and tub enclosures, but 2x4 subway for backsplash over counters, so I don't need to do the new material thing.  In the showers, I want the subway to start at the top of the tile-finish finish floor build.

On 8/4/2023 at 12:33 PM, robdyck said:

You can adjust the orientation of the texture and it's pattern. If the pattern is 3" high and if your countertop is at 36" then you should not need any vertical offset for the pattern.

If you experiment with how the pattern and texture offsets work, then you should quickly be able to get the alignment you want.

Ideally, you would ensure the texture and pattern are in alignment before adjusting the offsets.

Thanks Robert - both suggestions are very helpful!

On 8/4/2023 at 12:47 PM, GeneDavis said:

Show us wall elevations in each room, no glass house, plain vector views.

Patterns and their linked textures get the vertical position in 3D space based on your zero floor elevation.  Thus if your countertop height is absolute 36, a multiple of 3 inches, your tile will look OK.  But your countertop is likely set to real world build conditions with cabs sitting on floor finish.  Like, 36 7/8" or something.  Whatever that thickness build, is your correction in the materials dialog for vertical offset.

But remember, if you are using that same subway tile elsewhere, where you need a different offset for the tile, you need to make a copy of the material with a new name and its new required offset.  

I do 3x6 subway in showers and tub enclosures, but 2x4 subway for backsplash over counters, so I don't need to do the new material thing.  In the showers, I want the subway to start at the top of the tile-finish finish floor build.

Hello Gene,

Thank you for taking the time to go through the details in how to accomplish in this manner - good job.

Very Helpful!:)