Help with roof planes

GrizzL

I have used HD for simple floor plan drawings but just took the plunge on premier in an effort to make it the only thing in my workflow. I am attaching an image I drew in sketchup as a visual. As of right now my workflow includes sketchup for elevations because my chief skills in that area are lacking to say the least. I have been trying to achieve these roof planes for the last couple of days. I have spent several hours watching tutorials but I'm missing something. I have mainly attempted to manually build them because I'm not getting the auto build right. Could someone perhaps link me to any resources that address my particular need.

And another much simpler question. How can I include the library browser into the same tab structure as the project browser and active layer display options. I am using it in its own window which is okay but I've seen tutorials where the instructors had a tab next to the project browser and layer display options. Thanks for any help. This is my first post so if any additional info is needed let me know.Wrap around lean to.pdf

FP1.zip

Hi, the general principle in drawing automatic roof planes in CA is to set the roof perimeter with walls underneath first, even if you have to delete some of those walls afterwards that’s cool. You can open the wall dialogue box with a double click on the wall and choose if the wall underneath is going build as full gable roof or as a hip in the default instance. That should get you started and you can always edit roof planes after that if need be.

• Upvote 1

I made a copy of your plan but had to remove the electrical and furniture to get it below 14 MB. You can use it to see the settings I used on the roof and also the porch railing to define the patio area. I hope this gets you going and with some video watching and others helping out. I wasn't sure which version of Chief you're using so if you add a signature to you profile it will help.

Williams_fp edit remove electrical and furniture.plan

• Upvote 1

mthd 97 thanks that info should help me understand how the software actually works.

And thanks to you Gary for taking the time to edit the plan file. This way I can compare it side by side the original to see the proper settings and learn faster. And I'm using x15.

I'll update my profile now thanks.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2023 at 7:20 PM, GrizzL said:

And another much simpler question. How can I include the library browser into the same tab structure as the project browser and active layer display options

right click in the clear area above one of the other tabs.

a window should popup , and then you can select it

• Upvote 1