Custom Toolbar Order - Not Staying in Place

MollyNDG

I have several custom toolbars that I like to place on the left of my screen in a certain order, but when after I place them in the order I like and close the toolbar customization menu they re-order themselves in a seemingly random way. I have also tried Unlocking the toolbars, ordering them, and then locking them with the same result. I have attached a screenshot with the toolbar customization menu open and toolbars the way I like them and another screenshot after I close the menu. Does anyone have an idea of why this happens and how to solve it?

Molly 

Chief X-15

HP Omen 30L GT13; AMD Ryzen 7 5700G; Windows 11; 16GB

TOOLBARS AFTER CLOSING MENU.png

TOOLBARS IN DESIRED POSITIONS.png

11 minutes ago, MollyNDG said:

Does anyone have an idea of why this happens and how to solve it?

The order completely depends on the view that you are currently in as it corresponds to the view that you established your order in the customization menu.
Also you would cut down significantly on your custom items by utilizing style palettes

2 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

The order completely depends on the view that you are currently in as it corresponds to the view that you established your order in the customization menu.
Also you would cut down significantly on your custom items by utilizing style palettes

I am putting them in the order I want while in plan view (and am editing the Plan view order) but it still changes the order when I close the menu. I am trying to create a global order in plan view, then selecting the toolbars I'd like for all other views from there. Several of my toolbars are already almost if not entirely style palettes, we just do a lot of very custom cabinet work so I have a lot of them, I have you to thank for that tip that has changed my method of using Chief completely! 

58 minutes ago, MollyNDG said:

I am putting them in the order I want while in plan view (and am editing the Plan view order) but it still changes the order when I close the menu. I am trying to create a global order in plan view, then selecting the toolbars I'd like for all other views from there. Several of my toolbars are already almost if not entirely style palettes, we just do a lot of very custom cabinet work so I have a lot of them, I have you to thank for that tip that has changed my method of using Chief completely! 

sweet, glad I helped :) Your text annotations could be truncated considerably if you utilize macros...12" deep 18" deep etc.
Can you take a screenshot of your customization window so I can see, go ahead and just use print screen so you get the entire view

1 hour ago, Renerabbitt said:

sweet, glad I helped :) Your text annotations could be truncated considerably if you utilize macros...12" deep 18" deep etc.
Can you take a screenshot of your customization window so I can see, go ahead and just use print screen so you get the entire view

Very cool, I will look into using macros for the text annotations, thank you! Here is a full screen shot of the customization window.

Screenshot 2023-06-29 131036.png

18 minutes ago, MollyNDG said:

Very cool, I will look into using macros for the text annotations, thank you! Here is a full screen shot of the customization window.

So when is your custom arrangement changing to something you didnt specify? are you possibly clicking in an elevation window or a camera view or a CAD detail or a different configuration entirely?

3 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

So when is your custom arrangement changing to something you didnt specify? are you possibly clicking in an elevation window or a camera view or a CAD detail or a different configuration entirely?

It is changing when I hit "Close" on the customization menu. I am still in plan view when I close it and I only have 1 configuration right now. I've attached a screenshot of right after I close that menu. 

Screenshot 2023-06-29 133440.png

Screenshot 2023-06-29 133504.png

1 minute ago, MollyNDG said:

It is changing when I hit "Close" on the customization menu. I am still in plan view when I close it and I only have 1 configuration right now. I've attached a screenshot of right after I close that menu.

so nothing is different in that screenshot aside from your config is locked...that was expected..what did you think should be different?

10 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

so nothing is different in that screenshot aside from your config is locked...that was expected..what did you think should be different?

Sorry, the difference is between these two screen shots. One with the open one with it closed. The third shot was just verifying I only have one configuration. 

Screenshot 2023-06-29 133440.png

7 minutes ago, MollyNDG said:

Sorry, the difference is between these two screen shots. One with the open one with it closed. The third shot was just verifying I only have one configuration. 

now share screenshots from the other views. are you rearranging anything in the other views? and are you unlocking toolbars prior to changing arrangement in customization?

18 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

now share screenshots from the other views. are you rearranging anything in the other views? and are you unlocking toolbars prior to changing arrangement in customization?

That was the magic key! I was not "unlocking" before opening the customization menu. I had it in my head that was just a second method of arranging, not something you needed to do before customizing. Thank you so much! I was really pulling my hair on that one.

5 minutes ago, MollyNDG said:

That was the magic key! I was not "unlocking" before opening the customization menu. I had it in my head that was just a second method of arranging, not something you needed to do before customizing. Thank you so much! I was really pulling my hair on that one.

Just an FYI, if your toolbars are unlocked, you do not need to open up toolbar customization to rearrange them. I undock toolbars based on what one I need at the time and then square it up and put it in the middle of my sheet.
Also note, I build comprehensive systems for cabinet vendors in case you want more automation

1 minute ago, KenL-sdd said:

@MollyNDGRene's Cabinet tools are Great! Take a look at his site https://www.rabbittdesign.net/shop/p/kitchen-quick-tools-package

@KenL-sddHis tools are great, I have been a big fan of @Renerabbitt for a while now! I have learned so much about making custom style palette tools and so much more from him. And a huge thank you again for taking the time to work through this with me. I am hoping to do a one on one Chief training in the near future.