Why won't deck framing and decking generate?

GeneDavis

There is a recent thread here about siding finish, and I made a comment after downloading the OP's plan and examining it for the materials issue.   That thread's title begins with "Exterior Cladding . . "

The plan has a deck with roof over that is failing to show the deck floor structure.  See the pic.  The room is defined as a deck, the room selects, all three deck walls do room definition, and if I use the deck railing tool to draw a small deck on the adjacent wall, the deck generates with its auto-modeled framing and planking.

What should I be looking for to get this deck's missing floor?  The plan file can be downloaded from a post attachment in the other thread.

Deck1.jpg

Thanks, Doug!

I missed that.  Actually, I saw it and did not know its effect on this aspect of a build.  The Chiefer that drew the plan asked about this weeks back and could not get the floor to generate as a deck, but got no answer because he did not post a plan.

I got it to work by deleting the railing walls and re-drawing them with the deck railing wall tool, which auto-creates a deck room, and with X15 OOB settings, auto-frames the deck.

What sequence of wrong moves do you think it takes to draw it as you saw in the plan, and have that box checked?

Deck5.jpg

I am only guessing Gene, but I assume that the OP had auto framing on, and then for some reason when changing something clicked on the retain framing option to preserve something.  Checking a couple of other rooms that option was not chosen so I would assume that they turned that option on for the deck for some reason.