Rename Component Description

DefinedDesign

For some reason I can't change the name of the component description.  Is there something I need to turn on or off in order to be able to edit the description of an object?

I don't want to edit the label.  I want to edit the component description so it reflects an accurate description in the schedule.

Perhaps you are trying to change the Value? You can change the component description Formula to whatever you would like. In the attached the description is changed from "=description" to "Test this". The value and subsequently the report will reflect the change.

description change.JPG

4 minutes ago, DrawingABlank said:

You can change the component description formula to whatever you would like. In the attached the description is changed from "=description" to "Test this"

description change.JPG

Unfortunately - I can't click in the formula column and description row to change what is in that cell.

1428245904_ScreenShot2023-05-17at10_46_04AM.thumb.png.b9d5513cadecdb5ccdd89ad9bf7a801e.png

Is it possible x12 didnt allow that? I don't have it installed to check.

Is it just that object or can you adjust other object descriptions? Did this object originate from your library? (or was in a downloaded plan?)

I understand you do not want to change the label. The issue is that %automatic_description% and %automatic_label% pull the same value from the symbol name as default. So you might need to change the symbol name to get the description correct and then adjust the label to get it to report how you desire.

4 minutes ago, DrawingABlank said:

Is it possible x12 didnt allow that? I don't have it installed to check.

Is it just that object or can you adjust other object descriptions? Did this object originate from your library? (or was in a downloaded plan?)

I understand you do not want to change the label. The issue is that %automatic_description% and %automatic_label% pull the same value from the symbol name as default. So you might need to change the symbol name to get the description correct and then adjust the label to get it to report how you desire.

Appreciate your time and expertise - Unfortunately I'm unable to change any object descriptions.  All my objects come from the Core Catalog and Bonus Catalogs.  How would I change the Symbol Name and where would I find it to change it?