Changing variable cabinet defaults on existing base, full and uppers that aren't dynamic, address plumbing....

John_Charles

Hi All

I've designed the basic cabinetry layouts for an entire house we are redeveloping that my wife (the make it 'work' how she wants it quality controller :)) has now gone through and altered, and there are specific items that I want to update throughout the plan.

One of the items we have to address seems to be because the cabinetmakers cannot get their heads around the negative detail we wanted between the upper drawers/doors and the countertops.... and they draw their own construction plans completely ignoring it.... so I either have to give up and we do it as a note and site variation with the countertop installers or find a way to include greater detail in the drawings ie do 'production' style drawings....  (which we've done previously in other software)...

So, I'm trying to provide greater detail on my existing cabinetry drawings without having to edit each and every item, (as a lot of them are not dynamic) to give to our cabinetmakers... 

The style of cabinetry is European ie full face cover of drawer fronts and doors with small separations and I'm on X14.

Can anyone suggest the best way to;

• universally (eg between a base cabinet that has either drawers and doors or another with just drawers) changing and /or deleting the horizontal and vertical separation
  • universally changing the default drawer heights eg for 3 drawer base cabinet having a smaller top and equal bottom drawers vs a drawer with a door below?
  • showing doors open in plan view in anything besides a dotted outline
  • showing cabinet pulls in plan view
  • showing and placing fillets between the top of cabinets and ceiling/sides in elevations where eg door handles need to be allowed for instead of using a re-profiled flat crown molding recessed/side panel modified
  • universally label individual sections of an eg base cabinet with 3 drawers in elevation with a label to each drawer
  • how to locate /show waste and water locations and mounting details when we are not building a pony wall for a deep and long island bench with base cabinets to front and rear (under counter).... we run into so many issues between the plumbers 'and how they always do it' and what we are trying to achieve eg not use the entire under sink space for plumbing spaghetti and subsequent massive cut outs in the back of cabinetry

I've looked into using style pallets and in truth I've never done any so would need to find a video or tutorial on how to create one (I've watched how the preloaded one are applied) and my efforts at changing defaults because of the varying types have been unsuccessful...

Any advice is much appreciated...

Thank you!!

• John_Charles changed the title to Changing variable cabinet defaults on existing base, full and uppers that aren't dynamic, address plumbing....
24 minutes ago, John_Charles said:

Any advice is much appreciated..

Please provide a plan file, wayyyyyy easier to address your questions as I would go about offering solutions more based on your plan than your stated intention. Sometimes there are better ways than what you are looking for.

28 minutes ago, John_Charles said:

universally (eg between a base cabinet that has either drawers and doors or another with just drawers) changing and /or deleting the horizontal and vertical separation

Revert your cabs to default and this would be easy, otherwise do it on a cabinet by cabinet basis for those cabinets with the same face configuration using the match properties tool

universally changing the default drawer heights eg for 3 drawer base cabinet having a smaller top and equal bottom drawers vs a drawer with a door below?

Match Properties Tool with Face Configuration then make your edit

31 minutes ago, John_Charles said:

showing doors open in plan view in anything besides a dotted outline

Change the Line Style for the Cabinets, Door Drawer within the Layer Set you are using

33 minutes ago, John_Charles said:

showing cabinet pulls in plan view

No, why would you want to?? do this in elevation. You could hand place all hardware in plan but this would not be useful to a shop or builder

33 minutes ago, John_Charles said:

showing and placing fillets between the top of cabinets and ceiling/sides in elevations where eg door handles need to be allowed for instead of using a re-profiled flat crown molding recessed/side panel modified

Have a diagram? this didn't make sense to me 

34 minutes ago, John_Charles said:

universally label individual sections of an eg base cabinet with 3 drawers in elevation with a label to each drawer

We can dimension to openings, show an elevation with openings and dimension it 

34 minutes ago, John_Charles said:

how to locate /show waste and water locations and mounting details when we are not building a pony wall for a deep and long island bench with base cabinets to front and rear (under counter).... we run into so many issues between the plumbers 'and how they always do it' and what we are trying to achieve eg not use the entire under sink space for plumbing spaghetti and subsequent massive cut outs in the back of cabinetry

3d moldings if you must show it in 3d, otherwise simple CAD or just a note should get you there.

Hey Rene

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond....

From the image here you can see there are multiple cabinets and this is only one section hence why I was looking for universal solutions rather than reset defaults.... Looks like I'll have to spend the time to tweak it manually :)

The fillets I mentioned are shown with red arrows.... (and if you look closely you will see I manually made the top one with slots to allow for ventilation for the integrated fridge)...

1498047957_Screenshot2023-04-2521_38_24.thumb.png.9ff1a34aee7730c2edd04ddf40395a5c.png

Thanks for the doors layers tip!

All of the cabinetmakers I've dealt with over the years show knobs and pulls in plan views (inc in other markets with metric) so I'm trying to figure out how...

462738971_Screenshot2023-04-2522_02_18.png.729763943f8336e529667989655273b4.png

RE the plumbing, I've tried to give set out dimensions on plans, etc yet the cabinetmakers all allow for a pony wall..... trying to get around them delivering this....1928109632_Screenshot2023-04-2522_05_41.thumb.png.1a8d617e07555e05748c8b8d63fc1055.png

Thanks....

19 hours ago, John_Charles said:

From the image here you can see there are multiple cabinets and this is only one section hence why I was looking for universal solutions rather than reset defaults.... Looks like I'll have to spend the time to tweak it manually :)

Please tag or quote me, I only randomly came back to this to check on it.
You are showing automatic fillers on the left and right, that can be turned off in general cabinet settings. Separations are within the Front/Sides/Back panel of your Cabinet and is a different thing entirely.

20 hours ago, John_Charles said:

All of the cabinetmakers I've dealt with over the years show knobs and pulls in plan views (inc in other markets with metric) so I'm trying to figure out how..

I wouldn't bother with this, we are all experienced architectural drafters here and plan view handle hardware isn't giving anyone any pertinent information. Provide an elevation with annotations for your handle hardware

20 hours ago, John_Charles said:

RE the plumbing, I've tried to give set out dimensions on plans, etc yet the cabinetmakers all allow for a pony wall..... trying to get around them delivering this....

So you want the sani pipe to be in cabinet?
This should suffice
image.thumb.png.89291fe5a6a006d9657890c248646e93.png

I have my frameless cabinetry specs set up with the old Blum system 32 spacings for drawers and margins.

As per recommendations here by those pros that do lotsa cabinets, my box style is framed, not frameless, and separations are 3/4".

But to get my preferred (per Blum 32) margin of 3/8" from top of base to top of top drawerfront or door, I edit the overlay.

You type "fillets."  Do you mean fillers?