Symbol Creation/definition Dialog

Joe_Carrick

In looking at Chief's Help for the Symbol Creation Dialog I find that it has a lot of information but many things are skipped over with little or no detail.

The Symbol Category [Cabinet Door/Drawer, Door, Electrical, Fixture(Exterior), Fixture(Interior), etc....] effects the Layer(s) of the Symbol but also what Options and Special Behaviors are available for the Symbol.  In addition - while most Chief Symbols have the origin at x/y/z of Center/Back/Bottom - some Categories have a different origin location.

I am putting together a comprehensive document explaining all the differences (sort of a Super Help) which I think will be of use to many.

I will post that document when I've got it finished but I think maybe it would be a good subject for another workshop.

I also have a couple of tricks with the Primitive Solids that I forgot to demo at the last workshop which might be useful.

David,

I agree - but I am not sure that they have the time and I am also not sure the people writing the help are fully aware of all the nuances.  There is a lot of subtle (and in some cases irrelevant/non functional detail) in this Tool.

Doing this is a learning experience for me as I find what is available in the various dialogs and where those things effect the symbol and where they don't.  It will in the long run be the basis for suggesting improvements.