Spacemouse

someguy

When you install it, it gives you quick training exercises to learn how to navigate in 3D. The game is to move the tea pot. I got one this year and I absolutely love it.

Yes it’s very sensitive but if you apply very light pressure on the direction you want to navigate in, it will work good for you. One hand on the conventional mouse and the other on the spacemouse when you need to navigate in 3D.

To learn how to use it with CA, please see this video on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/ChiefArchitect/videos/chief-architect-x8-3d-mouse-support/1343304632365452/

I found that teapot thing useless. Just grab the controller on a house model and see what it does with each access. It will get away from you fast if the setting are too high.

I think I reversed one movement the side tilt one and slowed couple down slightly. Once your brain takes over it levels the camera without thought really.

Now I'm speeding it up and just did my first client meeting with it.

Only issue I had was I kept using a really low camera height. 

I bought a used one off of ebay a couple weeks ago since I wasn't too sure if I'd like it. For the first day or so it was awkward as hell, but after using it daily I don't think I'd go without one now. Eventually it becomes totally natural to use, and the camera manipulation in 3D is miles smoother than a mouse, especially zooming. Even for 2D work the zooming and panning is wonderful.

initially it reminded me of the first time I tried flying a helicopter in a pc flight simulator, none of the controls do what you expect. It would actually make a great controller for a drone. :D

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2023 at 1:46 AM, DRAWZILLA said:

I never got used to mine so I gave it to my grandkid, he loves it.

I understand why now because the 3D navigation works better with a standard mouse. I tested it in X10 and X8 as well and it wasn’t that fluid. I think we need to find out how others here get it to work more smoothly like the person in the video above apparently does ?