Multiple different layout page tables in one layout - is it possible?

Barton_Brown

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

Using CA X14. Is it possible to have more than one unique layout page table in a layout? For example, one page layout that lists pages 1 to N and another that lists pages N+1 to "max number of pages in layout" ? 

I know that I am abusing the normal use of layout pages by having a lot of pages but I want to have multiple tables side-by-side on the first page to provide a readable Table of Contents (TOC) for a layout that contains more than 100 pages. 

My knowledge on this says the answer is NO but I am hoping to be proven wrong.

Thank you,

• Solution

We actually do have a trick for this.  You can Cut and Paste you Layout Page Table to a CAD Detail in Layout, and send that CAD Detail to  Layout.  You can then copy, crop, and reposition to create the illusion of either multiple or wrapped Layout Page Tables .  If you're willing to pay for a little of my consulting time shoot me over an email and I'd be happy to expand on the idea for you, offer a few additional tips, and/or make you a video walking through the process in more detail.  Just shoot me over an email to alaskansons@gmail.com

• Like 2

is there an advantage using that method vs the schedule to text? 

If I schedule to text, then copy that to then be two of them, then peel out what I do not want in the first one, and then peel out what i do not want for the second one, it seems straight forward as they just show like this in the text box:

image.thumb.png.6405719e527c9032f3f5f847f26372d9.png

then I edit the two to look like:

image.thumb.png.e227465037d67348b6b52d71c3ee121a.png

and

image.thumb.png.b863cfefe2fbd6aa1ab2cc7279ee101a.png

which yields:

image.png.e6d5ff6d4661e8a6abea10e516645938.png

of course if one adds a sheet to the middle one has to do it all again, but I assume that is the same for the CAD detail method?

• Like 1

Thank you SHCanada2 and Alaskan_Son for your discussion!

My crude solution was going to be similar to Alaskan_Son's but without the dynamic capability. I would create the tables, take screen shots, copy and paste back into the layout. I like the suggested solution because it is dynamic, create once.

Sorry Alaskan_Son but you gave away too much of the solution - I'm sure I can carry on from here :) . 

I'm not a 'commercial user' of CA, just a DIYer that used CA to design, build and now improve our retirement home. Thus, I abused the layout pages during construction of the house by using many renderings and Google translated text from English to Spanish to communicate to my Spanish speaking-only contractor and foreman the construction details and my expectations. Good news - IT WORKED, fabulously. The house looks just like the ray traces :). Now I am using the layout pages to gain consensus with my significant other on interior design and landscaping (her expertise areas).

Again, Thank you both!

38 minutes ago, Barton_Brown said:

Sorry Alaskan_Son but you gave away too much of the solution - I'm sure I can carry on from here :)

Hahaha!  Yeah, I do that more than I probably should.  My bag of secret tricks is still pretty full though : )

• Like 1