Callouts between Foundation and Basement Plan

ovnttim

Using X12, I have a plan for my basement and one for foundation each with different callouts but when I pull up the plans my basement callouts are showing up on my foundation plans.

And if I delete one from the foundation it also deletes it from the basement plan. Probably a simple fix but I can't figure out. Thanks for any help.

1 hour ago, ovnttim said:

Using X12, I have a plan for my basement and one for foundation each with different callouts but when I pull up the plans my basement callouts are showing up on my foundation plans.

And if I delete one from the foundation it also deletes it from the basement plan. Probably a simple fix but I can't figure out. Thanks for any help.

Are you using Saved Plan Views? Default Sets? Custom Layer Sets for the default sets? That's how I control what's visible.

• Like 1

put them on different layers, and create two layersets. I have 2 layersets, basement plan, and foundation plan.

To avoid this problem to begin with, I have 2 SPVs to match, each with its own default set which assigns them different layers to begin with

• Like 1

To be more specific, I'll assume you have a saved plan view for your foundation plan and a separate one for your basement plan. At a minimum you need custom layer sets for each view. Then create a custom layer for your basement callouts and a separate custom layer for the foundation callouts. Then assign the callouts to their corresponding layer, and you can turn that layer on or off depending on which view you're using. The saved plan views also need to have the layer set assigned for that view.

Set this up, then make the appropriate "Callout" settings in the SPVs / Default Sets in your template plan, and the callouts will automatically work how you want them to.

Default Sets are not really necessary since you can assign all the same settings directly in the saved plan view, but I still use them because some of them will work for multiple saved plan views.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ovnttim said:

Yes using Saved Plan View. Have Custom Layer Sets. Maybe play around with the Defaults. 

Yes, that makes it all smooth and automatic. It also works for dimensions, CAD, text, walls, basically anything. It's really very, very powerful.

• Like 1