x15 Cabinet opening indicators

Gawdzira

I have not tested this yet in X14 but this image is from x15. The cabinet on the left is a full ht. cab and the right side is a wall cabinet. I can not get opening indicators to show in the wall cabinets. There are multiple in this plan and the settings are the same in the dbx for opening indicators to show (default). Is this a known issue or something I am doing wrong? 

EDIT

orginally posted with wrong file link. Corrected

kitchen v15 base cab elevations.planimage.thumb.png.69a473588ed31303bb48da272d448176.png

Opening indicators aren't showing on my system either Alan.  I don't see any cause right off the top, but something about both your cabinet and your cabinet door symbol seems to be corrupted.  I cannot for example click on those doors or the appliance in the problematic cabinet dialog to select them.  I can however click on the drawer.  Also, if you replace the door style with a different door, the opening indicators show up.  In fact, if you add those cabinet doors back to your Library using the Add to Library As tool and then paint them onto your cabinet, then the opening indicators show up as well. 

Essentially, the cabinet thinks the door panel is thinner than it actually is. The opening indicators are still there, they're just embedded in the door panel. Note that the handles are also embedded in the panel. You can see the opening indicators if you delete the front surface of the panel.

If you haven't already, you should report this bug. If you can include the symbol or a plan from X14 that reproduces the issue in X15 that would be best. If this is a legacy file conversion issue it will be difficult to fix with just the plan you posted. Edit: looks like this is a problem with that particular symbol object since I was able to reproduce the issue in X14 (Manufacturer Catalogs > Huntwood > Cabinet Doors & Drawers > Slab > Executive > Executive Door). You should still report it if you'd like to see it fixed.

Before

image.thumb.png.c10e5039eb4256e81795990462533269.png

Deleted front surface

image.thumb.png.6eac028d8b7e62e0797c99b474915e28.png

• Upvote 1

To fix this issue in X15, you can open the symbol for specification and click OK without changing anything. I don't know of a fix in X14 or earlier versions.

You can also see a similar issue if the symbol has a bounding box that doesn't match the symbol geometry. You can fix that issue in any recent version of Chief from the Sizing panel (Advanced Sizing panel in X15) of the Symbol Specification dialog.