Editing a poly solid?

dkmtek

using X8 on a mac. I'm trying to create a fireplace like they show in the video's, but, It doesn't seem to work? [Let me elaborate] I want to create a sloped sided chimney with a second fireplace underneath (lower level). I have created a polyline solid (like shown in the videos), gone to a Cross section/elevation view to Clip/Trim the edge, but that tool isn't available in that view? Only in the 2D floor plan view? 352627025_ScreenShot2023-03-03at8_48_40AM.thumb.png.ee41b54f4e84ba78452ff13cacaefe04.png1677827212_ScreenShot2023-03-03at8_56_35AM.thumb.png.9cf8e233ac20b9fe8f59b410d1fade4b.png

Thanks for your help! 

Also, I want to create a foundation (Lower) for this area as it will be a walk out/English basement? Do I need to wait to do that in the Plot Plan Terrain portion when I get there?

Draw the polyline solid in the view you would like to edit it in.    When you are referencing a video post the link and let us know what segment you are referring to.  Also be sure the video was produced in X8 or prior as some of the features have changed.    Most likely the footing for the chimney should be drawn in plan view.

2 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Draw the polyline solid in the view you would like to edit it in.

I believe Chopsaw is right, in versions as old as x8 you can only edit in 1 view I think, long time since I used X8.

The hearth would be drawn in plan just like the footing/foundation , it should sit right on the floor from the get go.

M.