Deck Railing Issue

Rander91

Go to solution Solved by Alaskan_Son,

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with my railing on one side being raised with some sort of a sill or framing member between the newels and deck boards. I cannot find any settings that are influencing it. I've attached a couple pictures and the .plan file.

Thank you in advance and my apologies if this has been covered before or if I posted incorrectly, I'm very inexperienced with forums.

Railing issue 1.jpg

Railing issue 2.jpg

Rear Deck Project.zip

35 minutes ago, Rander91 said:

I cannot find any settings that is influencing it.

I didn't either , might just be a Chief Anomaly as switching the Walltype to Deck Railing 6 , checking out what changed ( no extra flooring strip now) and switching it back to Walltype Railing 17 seems to have fixed it ....of course YMMV :) 

image.thumb.png.fc521f93d4a1a1c272c00f5aad693931.png

M.

8 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I didn't either , might just be a Chief Anomaly as switching the Walltype to Deck Railing 6 , checking out what changed ( no extra flooring strip now) and switching it back to Walltype Railing 17 seems to have fixed it ....of course YMMV :) 

image.thumb.png.fc521f93d4a1a1c272c00f5aad693931.png

M.

Thank you!!!

Just now, solver said:

You did better than maybe 99% of new users. Good clear images, clear problem statement, attached the plan file -- well done.

Thank you! I've been on these forums for a long time as a reader when I have issues and I've seen you ask for those things many, many times, so I made sure to follow those parameters at least.

8 minutes ago, Rander91 said:

Thank you!!!

I thought it might be a Room Definition or Wall definition Issue so was just trying a few things , so happy I found it , lets hope it stays that way :) 

and +1 on what Eric said  , just had to open the saved camera to look around....

M.

23 minutes ago, Rander91 said:

I'm not sure how that happened, thank you!

You bet.  You might consider changing the "Solution".  Modifying the wall type might help address the issue but its really just coincidental and isn't a proper answer.  Changing the wall type just so happens to cause some breaks to occur that in turn separates that 1 long wall into 3 sections, placing the 2 remaining outside wall sections completely disconnected from that landing.  The real problem is the floor height issue.

3 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

You bet.  You might consider changing the "Solution".  Modifying the wall type might help address the issue but its really just coincidental and isn't a proper answer.  Changing the wall type just so happens to cause some breaks to occur that in turn separates that 1 long wall into 3 sections, placing the 2 remaining outside wall sections completely disconnected from that landing.  The real problem is the floor height issue.

You're right, its been corrected. Thank you!

25 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I missed that in the Camera View , though I'd still call it an anomaly .

I am not sure why you used a landing there though ( didn't occur to me) instead of just shaping the deck as needed for the stairs each side?

Mick.

It's a replication of an existing structure that is getting a new roof structure.