Library Browser Tool X14 Folder Collapse Control

Steve_Matlaga

Hello,

As it relates to Library Browser;  I'm curious to know if there are controls to shut off the auto-extend of a folder when you drop and drag an item into it.

image.thumb.png.f8d062a299f471e054a7d841dd0aa821.png 

Then it opens up sub folders.   This is fine normally.  However, if you haven't gotten around to organizing a main folder, you may get a very long list of items.

image.thumb.png.4c286b79c248cfa7152cdb86faf4a85a.png

I have an easy work-around.   I'll move my unorganized items into a folder name starting with a '0' zero, so it will stay at the top of the list.  

That just leads to this though once you now drop that item into the next sub folder;  and the question remains.   How to stop auto expand of a folder/sub folder. 

image.thumb.png.b0d4026a2bf6bcea1494ee08c0293c7f.png

Any insight is helpful.  

Thanks,

Steve Matlaga

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Steve_Matlaga said:

Hello,

As it relates to Library Browser;  I'm curious to know if there are controls to shut off the auto-extend of a folder when you drop and drag an item into it.

Then it opens up sub folders.   This is fine normally.  However, if you haven't gotten around to organizing a main folder, you may get a very long list of items.

I have an easy work-around.   I'll move my unorganized items into a folder name starting with a '0' zero, so it will stay at the top of the list.  

That just leads to this though once you now drop that item into the next sub folder;  and the question remains.   How to stop auto expand of a folder/sub folder. 

Any insight is helpful.  

Thanks,

Steve Matlaga

I don't believe it's an Option, I too wish it didn't happen , as you have shown it can lead to some very long dropdowns.

M.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Joe_Carrick said:

No, there isn't any option currently to modify that behavior.  It would be a good idea to submit it as a suggestion.  Probably something in Preferences.

Good idea.   I'll put it on the list ;) 

It's pretty picky of a thing to request.   Guess we'll see if others chime in.   Once you get your menu structure organized, it's not 'as bad'.  

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Having the same issues, would definitely prefer to have the option to choose the drop-down in plans browser. Too much time wasted scrolling & trying to find the right plan file then scroll to find the right view or elevation, etc.