OneChickNoHammer Posted August 27 Share Posted August 27 1 hour ago, DBCooper said: You can also use the "complete break" tool that should show up in the edit toolbar when you click on the the stair and then the break tool. Have you tried using %total_risers%? This should give you the total number of risers for all of the connected sections. I will try the "complete break" next time and the %total_riser% function. Is there a reference guide to all of the macro functions that are available? If so, where can I find it? Thank you, DB! PS - Keep moving.... you'll be harder to find.... Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
DBCooper Posted August 28 Share Posted August 28 Quote Is there a reference guide to all of the macro functions that are available? If so, where can I find it? I don't think the reference guide has a list of the built in macros. There are a few different things that can help though. 1. Select an object. Open the ruby console. Type in "owner.names". This should list all available macros. The list is not that easy to read though. 2. Create a text object with an arrow pointing to the object you want to know about. Put %object-properties% in the text box. It should list out all of the object properties and their current values and types. Very useful but a bit of a pain to find what you want when the list is long. 3. Select an object. Use the "match properties" tool. In the dialog that opens, I *think* that every property shown has a macro associated with it. If it says something like "Box Height" (for say a cabinet), then you should be able to use the macro %box_height%. I like using the match properties mostly because it is searchable and shows you the current values. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
ComputerMaster86 Posted August 28 Share Posted August 28 20 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said: I do section views but only dimension the head room when it might be an issue. I'm in California so the building departments are very picky. MY stair info text is accepted for rise, run, width, railings, etc. I haven't had a plan check correction related to stairs, landings or ramps for at least 10 years. Here in Michigan, I don't believe I ever tried to run a set plans through the building department without a section view of the stairs. Well over half of the projects I deal with that include a stair will usually be an L-shaped stair. If I don't verify my headroom height it can come to bite me in the behind. I usually do detailed stair sections to avoid headroom height issues during a build. Sounds like some other chief users do the same. Many of the building departments here in Michigan are not super picky but, there is one county building department that would be in the running for competition with you California people. 1 Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
OneChickNoHammer Posted August 28 Share Posted August 28 9 minutes ago, ComputerMaster86 said: Many of the building departments here in Michigan are not super picky but, there is one county building department that would be in the running for competition with you California people. Seminole and Orange Counties in Florida are pretty picky, too! Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now