schedule info for appliance or plumbing items that are embedded in a cabinet

FT2design

Automatically generated schedules…items that are added to a cabinet box such as a wall oven or lavatory show up in the schedule but I cannot seem to edit/control the name like I can with a free-standing item like a toilet or fridge. I have tried opening the cabinet dialogue box for that item to alter the individual component data so that the output in my schedule says what I need it to, but aside from renaming the cabinet label and assigning the cabinet as a plumbing fixture I don’t seem to be able to have the right control. Can anyone point me to a tutorial or reference a topic where this is covered? I keep chasing my tail searching for any tips and can’t find anything specific to my issue.

Specifically what information are you attempting to change?  The Label?  The Description?  Something else? 

• To change the Description if your cabinet only has ONE fixture:  Select the cabinet, click the Open Symbol tool, and simply change the Symbol Name.
  • To change the Label (and/or the Description if the cabinet has more than one fixture):  Drop the appliance into your plan as a freestanding object, change the Label, Add to Library (just temporarily even), and then place in your cabinet.  

I for one don't usually place fixtures as parts of the cabinet though.  For accuracy reasons and for more refined control, I much prefer to just place the opening in my cabinets and then place the fixtures as freestanding objects. 

2 hours ago, scottharris said:

There are a couple of ways to change the information on an appliance/fixture w/i a cabinet.  1) open the cabinet, on the component panel, change the description and 2) my preferred way is in the schedule open the object and type in the information.  Plan is attached.

mw2.png

mw1.png

mw.plan 4.82 MB · 1 download

Open Row Object is a good way for sure.  Thanks for the reminder.  The Components tab on the other hand doesn't actually work like that.  It will only change the Description as it reports to the Material List. 

If its just the Description we're talking about, there's one other way too:

Open the cabinet, select the Face Item, click Edit, and then click on the Components tab.  For a Top/Appliance or fixture this would be done on the Accessories tab.