Project Browser Question

JKEdmo

I have one project "Davenport" and another "Reynolds."  I'd like to bring over existing CAD Details (sheet notes) from first project to the next.

image.thumb.png.c8106ab95a972fbc32553357b438127a.png

Does the Project Browser allow direct copy and paste (project to project / folder to folder)?

I believe the answer is no, but wanted to confirm.

Thank you,

Jim

I have found the easiest way is to create another "ELECTRICAL NOTES" folder, then just cut and paste everything inside the older one into it. 

Not very elegant but is pretty quick. 

Then make sure these folders are in you template file so you will have them for every new project.

3 hours ago, Alchemyjim said:

then just cut and paste everything inside the older one into it

Thanks Jim.  That's what I have been doing.

Sure would be great if this could be done directly within the project browser.  I work with other cad software that has this convenience.

Jim

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JKEdmo said:

Sure would be great if this could be done directly within the project browser.  I work with other cad software that has this convenience

I agree , put it over in Suggestions so we can all upvote it.....

At least these Days you can Open two Layouts at once which makes C&P easier but being able to RC a detail and paste it to another plan would be great.

* I asked for it here but another Entry on the list would help.... as they noted my suggestion already

https://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/35604-allow-importing-of-cad-details-including-schedules-in-cad-details/?tab=comments#comment-275668

M.

• Upvote 1