Catalogs are created using which software?

Grayling

I own a remodeling business that has started manufacturing cable handrail kits. I use Chief for my plans for my remodeling projects. I started drawing my parts and posts for my cable handrail kits using Chief CAD. I have the full version of Chief. I'm having a heck of a time using Chief for this purpose. Is there a software that manufacturers use for creating catalogs for Chief? I'd like to create a catalog both for use in Chief and for submittals for my projects. Any ideas?

I think Chief uses 3ds Max for most of their catalog symbol creations.  @Adrean can confirm that.

There may actually be more that can be done in Chief if you want to post your specific issues in the General Q & A forum.

Apart from that Sketchup is quite versatile and compatible with Chief for import and export so that might be an option for you.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

I think Chief uses 3ds Max for most of their catalog symbol creations.  @Adrean can confirm that.

There may actually be more that can be done in Chief if you want to post your specific issues in the General Q & A forum.

Apart from that Sketchup is quite versatile and compatible with Chief for import and export so that might be an option for you.

I had thought of Sketchup. I used to use it a lot years ago. Before Google bought and sold it.