How to make the terrain slope around my walkout basement

AlexDiversified

12 minutes ago, AlexDiversified said:

Can anyone please explain how to make the terrain slope more like the blue line rather than the current image?

Get rid of those elevation lines and the lowered region. Use Elevation Regions instead (Elevation Data submenu). Make one to replace the lowered region at the walkout door, and another to wrap the sides and front of the building. Set this second one to 0 height, then you'll probably have to adjust your Subfloor Height Above Terrain value in the Terrain Specs.

1476890590_ScreenShot2022-12-02at2_04_46PM.thumb.png.8394819a4acfcf127d94d166dc895ec9.png

8 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

Get rid of those elevation lines and the lowered region. Use Elevation Regions instead (Elevation Data submenu). Make one to replace the lowered region at the walkout door, and another to wrap the sides and front of the building. Set this second one to 0 height, then you'll probably have to adjust your Subfloor Height Above Terrain value in the Terrain Specs.

1476890590_ScreenShot2022-12-02at2_04_46PM.thumb.png.8394819a4acfcf127d94d166dc895ec9.png

Any chance you could upload the file that you did it on? I keep getting some crazy unrealistic images, nothing like what you have there

9 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

Notice I changed your Subfloor Height Above Terrain value.

terrain.plan 6.46 MB · 2 downloads

I see. Now how do you make the entire thing slope from the back to the front? I need the terrain level from the sliding door to the back (away from the porch). Then from the door to the front (Porch side) to slope down 44".

Im not sure how you would do that with elevation regions??

For these sorts of slopes I tend to try to think of it in terms of rise/run. Using Transform/Replicate and some maths, you can input the distance and the Z Delta change and create elevation "ladders" that will force smoother slopes.

The key is having enough elevation data to achieve your goal, while not having so much you freak out the program.

image.thumb.png.b476cbbba35f28240644d22b277a33b6.png