I need to make a 32pg Layout from a completed plan file but I have Pro and pro works for me.

H_And_B

Hey,

So I have Pro and that works for the little kitchen/bathroom remodel jobs I do for work but I am also building my house. To do this I need to make a larger set of plans 32pgs long but I do not want to buy or do the monthly on the full software to do just this one thing. I am looking to Higher someone to complete the work. I think it will be fairly straightforward but here are the files let me know what you thank. Link for the big guy, it won't fit on the thread.

Matt

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1P9VatNy_6SysGmm3xDoMpRfM6saOJtxC/view?usp=sharing

Screen Shot 2022-11-04 at 10.56.14 AM.png

dorre don templat.layout

Chief Premier's layout files contain  a potential of 1,000 blank pages but that layout file is NOT compatible with Home Designer Pro, so such a file done for you, you would not be able to open, view its pages or print those pages using Home Designer Pro. Your Only real option is to upgrade to Premier or just make multiple layouts using HD Pro.

DJP

DJP

Agreed however my understanding is that if you save it with the backward compatibility to pro enabled (I forget the name of the setting and only have pro so i can not check on my system) the first 5 pages can be altered but the rest will be read only so that a pro user does not give the file leprosy when opened and to maintain the ability to print. Tell me what you think but I believe this means I could have the page numbers keep track of the pages and reorder them when I print so that my most likely changed 5 pages are the first ones in the layout. This way if I have to fix any other pages I can either pay the 200 for a month of premier or pay someone who has it to alter it and I can always just remake that one page entirely in another layout file.

Do you think this tracks with what I am trying to accomplish? There is always the other way of making separate 5 page layouts in premiere so that I can do what's needed in the future but I think that may be getting a little wrapped around the axel and I actually don't think there will be many changes this design is pretty well thought out I think in terms of county code and buildability.

Matt

32 minutes ago, H_And_B said:

Agreed however my understanding is that if you save it with the backward compatibility to pro enabled 

You can open a layout that is programmed in Chief Premier to "be editable in Home Designer Software" BUT it only has the functionality of HD Pro and NOT Chief, I think you would still be limited by Pro's programming to limit the pages with a Premier created .layout file. I would LOVE to be wrong but you can ask Chief Architect Sales or Tech Support for the Final word.

The setting is in Premier in "General Plan Defaults - Allow editing in select Home Designer Software" check box.

DJP

Ok I will check in with them about that but assuming that worst case is that I can only print it as is after someone has completed it for me and I have to remake pages individually if needed in the future do you think this is probably the best way to my goal? If so is this something you are up for or maybe you have some recommendations?

2 hours ago, H_And_B said:

I know what I charge for my construction services but what is a good price for something like this per hour?

A professional architectural designer averages from $90-135 per hour.