Unable to create balcony on 2nd Level

jntsou

1 minute ago, solver said:

Everyone here appreciates it when new members complete their signature with some basic info including their version of Chief. Makes it easy for others to locate, and results in you getting the best answers.

You can add that info, Windows or Mac computer etc to your signature by clicking on your user name at the top right of the page, click Account Settings, then Signature on the left.

Thanks

Will do. Thank you.

When you create a deck like room over an non-deck room you MUST name it "Balcony" and not "Deck" and the roof over the covered entry needs to have its ceiling height lowered so the roof planes do not interfere with the balcony above. Decks and balcony's by default are programmed NOT to have a "ceiling" and as such you, in order to have a roof built automatically you would have to open the "Balcony's" room specification dialog - structure tab and check "ceiling and roof over this room" there so it then will build a roof over the balcony automatically, otherwise you will have to manually edit the roofs yourself.

DJP

1 hour ago, solver said:

Do you have a specific question? 

I see problems with the roof that need fixing, and I'd do that first.

I am struggling with adding the rood over the balcony. Not sure what's the correct way to make it work.

43 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

When you create a deck like room over an non-deck room you MUST name it "Balcony" and not "Deck" and the roof over the covered entry needs to have its ceiling height lowered so the roof planes do not interfere with the balcony above. Decks and balcony's by default are programmed NOT to have a "ceiling" and as such you, in order to have a roof built automatically you would have to open the "Balcony's" room specification dialog - structure tab and check "ceiling and roof over this room" there so it then will build a roof over the balcony automatically, otherwise you will have to manually edit the roofs yourself.

DJP

Thank you. Let me check and follow your instruction again.