I Like This Rendering Style.

kMoquin

Saw this online today. I like the sketch interior render with the exterior photo background. I might try to replicate this with Chief and GIMP. (Back in architecture school I did renderings like this with constructed perspectives and photocopied landscape photos collaged together.)

post-65-0-33456900-1422459213_thumb.jpg

I like it too, but why use gimp/photoshop?  I could get pretty close using technical illustration.  You can make it more white if you like.  You can also turn on the backdrop in the 3D view defaults dialog.  The only thing I couldn't figure out how to do was to make the windows partially transparent.  It was either all or nothing.

I don't like the light fixtures though.  I keep expecting to see birds in them.  :)

post-3962-0-01476800-1422471753_thumb.png

I like it too, but why use gimp/photoshop?  I could get pretty close using technical illustration.  You can make it more white if you like.  You can also turn on the backdrop in the 3D view defaults dialog.  The only thing I couldn't figure out how to do was to make the windows partially transparent.  It was either all or nothing.

I don't like the light fixtures though.  I keep expecting to see birds in them.  :)

I was suggesting that since the trees and exterior in the example are drawings themselves - not photos.  I suppose you could create a background of those drawings (making an image file) and then apply an overall semi-transparent white-wash to then set as a background back inside CA - but I still suggest for still images Photoshop would be extremely quick....and you could so more with some of the filters etc.

Im not in front of my work computer, but can you get shadows in the technical drawings?