How does one create a flat parapet roof where the roof extends past the wall on one edge?

DIYJon

A simple structure.  4 Wall.  3 of the walls extend above the roof to form the parapets.  On the 4th wall, the flat roof hangs over creating an eave with a parapet.  If I draw 4 exterior walls to create a box, the first thing I need to do is change the sloped roof to a flat roof, then create 3 parapet walls, and finally the overhang.

How would I do that?

Yes, I was working from this article:

Creating a Flat Parapet Roof but it seems that this requires a completed room with 4 walls.  (still very green in this program.)

CA creates a sloped roof with 4 planes by default.  If I'm going for a single plane that extends past one of the walls then a few things are true.  The roof structure butts up against the parapet wall on the interior of 3 walls which extend above the roof, and it also extends over one of the other walls which is below the roof structure to form the eave with the soffit.

Should I just create 3 taller than normal walls and one short wall, then build a flat ceiling plane at the right height?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 1:33 PM, DIYJon said:

Should I just create 3 taller than normal walls and one short wall, then build a flat ceiling plane at the right height?

Not sure if you’ve figured this out yet…

1). Build a new floor at the roof level.  This way your parapet wall heights are determined by the ceiling height of that “room”.

2). Draw a shed roof from the interior of those 3 parapet walls but extend the roof over the 4th wall by the distance for your eave.

Over here we would build this roof using roof trusses with a slope of 1/4”: 12”.