Creating Library Organization Structure

ACAaron

Hi,

I've been utilizing CA for about 10 years, so have a ton of default details, objects, line styles, etc. that I've customized.  I currently have them in an organization structure that really only makes sense to me.  I've recently hired an architect, so am looking for a structure to reorganize so that we can both find and utilize items.  Specifically, would like to have a naming convention and organization for CAD Details, that can also be printed out to enable us to simply scan through a print out to determine what we need, then insert it (as opposed to looking through the CA library).

Does anybody have a system they like or be able to point me to some reference items?  We strictly do residential remodeling, so utilize something like Uniformat II would be too much.

Thanks

I have suggested to others in the past that they build a user library structure that mirrors your chief library format as eventually you will likely end up with a lot of modified core content in your user library.  It is far from ideal but for most is the lesser of two evils.

I have suggested to others in the past that they build a user library structure that mirrors your chief library format 

yes, I have also made this suggestion many, many times since X4

I was told during X4 beta that it was a good  idea but too late for X4

apparently, it hasn't bubbled to the priority list yet :(

I also have recommended for batch downloads 

downloading one-by-one is a real PITA :(

Lew

• Downvote 1