Can I Access Home Designer From The Web?

mkkotzman

You can access your computer remotely from another computer using software like Teamviewer.  Basically, you would have the software on your office computer, then remote into that computer from a laptop or even your iPad or Android Tablet.  I've even pulled it up my cell phone to look at stuff real quick.  Obviously, it would not be optimal to design a home on your cell phone, but with a laptop, you can do anything you can on your office computer remotely.  The images on the laptop are just just images of what your main computer is doing, so you can use the horsepower of your desktop computer to run the software, but have the convenience of the laptop to take with you to see clients.  You just need a good internet connection.

• 3 months later...

I can't get elevations to open when I remote into my work PC. Is there a way to correct this?

The issue is that hardware accelerated OpenGL is disabled in Windows Remote Desktop software when you launch the program using Remote Desktop. If you can arrange to launch the program while Remote Desktop is not connected then it will work. This is a really odd limitation that Microsoft has put into the software that doesn't make any sense. At one point in the past I did this by writing a .bat file. I don't remember how I did that now. The other way to do this is to leave Chief running on the remote machine.

I use Teamviewer to Remote into my computer.  It is free for personal use and fairly cheap for commercial use.  I haven't had any issues seeing anything on my remote desktop that I see on my computer desktop with this program.  I've been using it for years.  I also use it to remote into my mom and mother-in-law's computer to quickly troubleshoot issues they are having.  It is much easier than explaining things over the phone.  Great program.

• 7 months later...

Hi all, my 1st time here. Thank you all for your idea, T.Viewer truly is a great tool for Training purpose.

I'm open & eager to learn CA (it fascinates me since 2003), but timely couldn't afford to begin (blessed enough being too busy to draw any line, I'm doing now residential development & renovation with friends in 1:1, per PS & quick hand sketch....). Need a full-time job with CA, but I don't know which companies are using CA, any help is appreciated.

Happy New Year 2016! :)

Juliatt

Archicad, Sketchup, Acad, DTP tools
Industry & Trade Park (incl. residence)
Since 2012 Residential, Calgary
Started Home Designer Interior