Can Chief Architect do this type of walkthrough reveal animation?

GregoryStorm

I’ve figured out a method for creating dynamic design reveal videos like the one above, but I’d like a little more control over what I can move.  In the video, I have all of the furniture, plants, and accessories flying in but ideally I would like to control the cabinets and the appliances from Chief Architect as well.  I see I can control walkthrough key frames with Chief Architect but I don’t see a way to key frame the elements in the plan.  Is there a way to do that?

If there is not a way to key frame plan elements, is there a way to export just a selection of elements, like the cabinets and appliances?  If so, I can import them as objects in my rendering projects and make them slide in.  Thanks for any help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

If it helps for your rendering intentions, you can convert a single or group of cabinets into a symbol. For instance you could convert all the wall cabinets into a symbol and then have them fly into your model.

I like that idea.  I created a symbol of my kitchen cabinets but I wasn't able to find a way to export just that symbol.  The Chief Architect manual has information on importing 3D symbols, but I didn't notice anything on exporting 3D symbols.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2022 at 3:20 AM, GregoryStorm said:

I’ve figured out a method for creating dynamic design reveal videos like the one above, but I’d like a little more control over what I can move.  In the video, I have all of the furniture, plants, and accessories flying in but ideally I would like to control the cabinets and the appliances from Chief Architect as well.  I see I can control walkthrough key frames with Chief Architect but I don’t see a way to key frame the elements in the plan.  Is there a way to do that?

If there is not a way to key frame plan elements, is there a way to export just a selection of elements, like the cabinets and appliances?  If so, I can import them as objects in my rendering projects and make them slide in.  Thanks for any help.

wow!!! LOOKS AMAZING!!