Schedule Notes-Description Problem

AxisJSS

Hello all. I am working in X13. I feel that I am missing something very simple here, but I just can't figure it out. I am creating elevation views and the note schedules in a cad detail. When I create the notes, the "note type" is showing up in the "description box" in the schedule instead of the actual note that I have entered. I have done this correctly previously and created plans with notes before and everything worked just fine. I even have the previous set open, but I can't tell what I did before, and what I'm missing now. I am attaching screen shots as it is much easier to visually see what I'm talking about than try to explain it. Thanks for any help. If I need to provide more info. by all means let me know. 

Thanks

Mark Christian

Screenshot 3.jpg

Screenshot 2.jpg

Screenshot 1.jpg

12 minutes ago, AxisJSS said:

I am attaching screen shots as it is much easier to visually see what I'm talking about

Better to provide the .plan file if possible..... , zip the plan with Chief closed to get under the 14mb Forum limit if needed.

I think you are using Dan's Templates looking at the Pics , so may not want to Post the Plan file, but my guess is the Schedule Columns have been renamed from their true name at some point so you are seeing the wrong info in the column named Description.......Delete the Columns in the current schedule and re-add them perhaps so everything is at Default. OR perhaps the Description Field in the OIP has the View-Name Macro in it?

M.

• Upvote 1

You are correct. I am using the Dan templates. We/I have edited them slightly. I believe the issue is most likely the description field and the macro. I'll check that and see if I can get it to work. The frustrating part is I have a complete set of plans from just a few months ago, in X13, using the same template, and everything works fine. So, Im sure Im missing something simple that I did previously and Im not doing now. Thanks for the response. 

It seems as though you want the "Text' category renamed as DESCRIPTION, but it is actually displaying the auto 'Description' category. (which automatically displays the note type).

Hard to tell if there is a bug caused by the use of the name description of if it was an accidental user error (this seems more likely).

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, robdyck said:

It seems as though you want the "Text' category renamed as DESCRIPTION, but it is actually displaying the auto 'Description' category. (which automatically displays the note type).

Hard to tell if there is a bug caused by the use of the name description of if it was an accidental user error (this seems more likely).

Thank you so much! That is exactly what happened! All is right with the world again. 

Thank you both for your replies and assistance. I appreciate it. 

• Like 1