Roof Section Showing Battens

RobWhite

I need to draw the 70x45 roof battens placed over the truss top cord. 

I understand chief general draws this details as blocks between trusses, but this is not how we do it in Oz. 

If I thinken the roof sheet to 61mm (i.e. 45mm battens + 16mm roof sheet) so i can then manually drawings the batten in the section this works OK. But doing this method the eaves gutter also drops by 45mm. I don't want this to happen. 

It there a training video for this or does anyone know of a method?

Is this more or less what you are after, but with the battens running continuous?  I generated the trusses, then locked the truss envelopes on each, moved the roof planes up, and then generated the blocking.  I think you can move the roof planes back down later and the blocks will stay.  Not exactly right in 3D of course, but would work for most 2D views in your plans.

post-67-0-34499200-1422292723_thumb.jpg

What you refer to as "battens" we call "purlins" in my region.

Lock the truss envelop, raise the roof , build the roof framing and drag the lookouts across.

You can delete all but one of the lookouts in each roof plane, and then transform/replicate at whatever spacing and size you need.  When you transform/replicate, no need to worry about the Z values, they will follow the roof plane.

post-62-0-03013200-1422511791_thumb.jpg