Finish Designation Plans

APTArchitect2

I am looking to create a finish plan that shows floor finishes. I have used the "fill style" options for the rooms, but that pattern ends up showing in all floor plans, which is distracting. I see that there is a "floor surfaces" visibility option in the layers, but that doesn't seem to show the actual floor pattern. I am sure this is a pretty simple task, but I must be missing something here. Thank you!

X14 CA Premier

See if turning on/off the "rooms" layer does what you want.  If not, then you might want to create room polylines, add the fill styles you want, and then you can put these on your own layers to turn on/off.  One advantage of using room polylines is that you can then edit the shape to fill in doorways and room fills won't do this.  The disadvantage is that they won't auto update if you move a wall.

2 hours ago, APTArchitect2 said:

However, I would like to find a way to show the pattern only on the finish plan, and not all the other floor plans. Thank you!

Making a dedicated Saved Plan View ( SVP ) Called Finished Floor Plan  ( or similar ) buy duplicating a Current View and putting the Room Fill Polylines on a dedicated Layer  ( Room Fills ) so you can turn them off in other SVPs should work, this will also need you to duplicate the Layerset too and set it to be used by the new SVP, ( the new SVP Defaults) leaving the Room Fill displayed in it and turned off in the original SVP/Layerset.

something like this - I duplicated the Working SPV here...: Finished Floor Plan SVP Test.plan

M.